A good read


The Golden Land

I have a lovely friend who read 160 books last year! She reports that her sister read more! Well I managed to read two :)  This was the second one and I read it between Christmas Day (when I received it from my dear friend Jenny - thank you) and New Years Eve.

Natalie is a young Gold Coast mother with a loving husband, two small children and a happy lifestyle. While helping her mother move house, she finds a little box containing a Burmese artefact. When Natalie learns its unique history through a letter left by her great-great uncle, it ignites an interest in its country of origin and her uncle's unfulfilled plans for this curio.
Her investigations collide with her own dramatically changing circumstances and create a catalyst for a moral dilemma that challenges the core of her marriage as she finds herself immersed in two very different golden lands.

Comments